EAGLES is a community-based program that incorporates therapeutic recreation to help adults ages 18-50 with developmental disabilities Enhance Adult Growth through Lifestyle Education and Service.
This program emphasizes leisure independence, community outings, and social interaction with peers. Each day includes a physical fitness component, guidance in making healthy choices, a recreational activity, and lunch.
EAGLES provides a wide variety of activities for participants to achieve the following goals through recreation and leisure activities:
- Foster and improve independent living skills.
- Improve communication and socialization.
- Improve physical and mental health through community-based recreation.
- Increase self-esteem by participating in community service projects.
- Learn about community resources.
All EAGLES sites offer a computer lab, full kitchen, and smartboard, and are wheelchair accessible. They also provide access to indoor and outdoor swimming and fitness centers, plus additional site-specific amenities.
The EAGLES program is offered Monday-Friday, and participants can register for Monday/Wednesday/Friday and/or Tuesday/Thursday schedules. Before and After programs are also available for an additional fee.
The program is located at three sites:
- Darien Sportsplex, 451 Plainfield Road
- Brookfield Municipal Building, 8820 Brookfield Avenue
- Lisle Recreation Center, 1925 Ohio Street – Door 8
EAGLES is designed for individuals who can perform on a 1:6 ratio.
Download the EAGLES brochure for more information about participant expectations, fees, residency requirements, and additional program details.
For more information about the EAGLES program, please contact us.