EAGLES is a community-based program that incorporates therapeutic recreation to help adults ages 18-50 with developmental disabilities Enhance Adult Growth through Lifestyle Education and Service.
This program emphasizes leisure independence, community outings, and social interaction with peers. Each day includes a physical fitness component, guidance in making healthy choices, a recreational activity, and lunch.
EAGLES provides a wide variety of activities for participants to achieve the following goals through recreation and leisure activities:
- Foster and improve independent living skills.
- Improve communication and socialization.
- Improve physical and mental health through community-based recreation.
- Increase self-esteem by participating in community service projects.
- Learn about community resources.
All EAGLES sites offer a computer lab, full kitchen, and smartboard, and are wheelchair accessible. They also provide access to indoor and outdoor swimming and fitness centers, plus additional site-specific amenities.
The EAGLES program is offered Monday-Friday, and participants can register for Monday/Wednesday/Friday and/or Tuesday/Thursday schedules. Before and After programs are also available for an additional fee.
The program is located at three sites:
- Darien Sportsplex, 451 Plainfield Road
- Brookfield Municipal Building, 8820 Brookfield Avenue
- Lisle Recreation Center, 1925 Ohio Street – Door 8
EAGLES is designed for individuals who can perform on a 1:6 ratio.
Download the EAGLES brochure for more information about participant expectations, fees, residency requirements, and additional program details.
For more information about the EAGLES program, contact Dawn Krawiec at SEASPAR at 630.960.7600 or email@example.com.