SEASPAR is proud to partner with the Downers Grove Park District and Lemont Park District to offer Home Front Health, a free program for veterans who have a disability rating of 10% or higher and reside in Downers Grove or Lemont.
Home Front Health combines program elements to meet the physical and social health needs of veterans.
The physical component includes:
- An annual pass to the Downers Grove Park District’s 4500 Fitness or the Lemont Park District’s The CORE, depending on the veteran’s residency.
- A second annual pass for a companion (when accompanying member).
- Eight personal training sessions. A Certified Inclusive Trainer will be available to aid with modifications if needed.
- Four additional personal training sessions for referrals to the program.
For Downers Grove veterans, the social health component include a $100 gift card for the Downers Grove Park District, which can be used for hundreds of different classes, activities, and events.
For Lemont veterans, the social health component includes:
- Veterans Night Out – A social event held on the first Friday of the month from 7-10 p.m. Free child care is provided.
- Recreational Muster – A veterans-only social event held on the second Saturday of the month.
- Home Front Fun – An annual event for members and their families the weekend before Veterans Day.
Home Front Health is available to veterans of any branch of the United States Armed Forces, honorably discharged, who have a disability rating of 10% or higher and reside in Downers Grove or Lemont.
Specially trained physical trainers conduct the personal training sessions and SEASPAR staff conducts the other program elements. For more information or to register for Home Front Health, please contact us online or call us at 630.960.7600.