SEASPAR owns and operates a fleet of wheelchair-accessible vehicles that are used for point-to-point transportation for many programs and events, as well as any transportation during the program to activity locations.
Program and Event Transportation
Transportation is available for many weekly programs and most special events. Each program description in the program guides, flyers, and letters that are distributed will indicate whether transportation is available. If it is, the pickup and drop-off points are scheduled at various locations within SEASPAR’s member communities. These locations may include:
- Darien: Darien Sportsplex, 451 Plainfield Road, Darien
- Denning: Denning Park, 4901 Gilbert Avenue, La Grange
- Lemont: Centennial Community Center, 16028 127th Street, Lemont
- Lisle: Lisle Recreation Center (Door 8), 1925 Ohio Street, Lisle
- SEASPAR: SEASPAR Office, Downers Grove Recreation Center, 4500 Belmont Road, Downers Grove
Participants registering for programs or events with transportation should indicate their transportation choice on the registration form.
Transportation Safety Procedures
The following procedures are required to ensure the safety of our participants while riding in our vehicles. SEASPAR reserves the right to refuse to transport individuals.
- All passengers must be sitting in seats or wheelchairs with seat belts securely fastened, or the driver will not move the vehicle.
- All wheelchairs must have brakes that are in good working condition and can stop the chair from moving.
- Persons using an Amigo-type scooter or stroller must transfer to a vehicle seat and use a seat belt.
- SEASPAR staff are responsible for determining whether a participant can be transported safely.