Wonders Multi-Sensory Room
Lisle Recreation Center – Door 8
1925 Ohio Street, Lisle
Wonders, SEASPAR’s award-winning multi-sensory room, features a unique assortment of state-of-the-art equipment designed to vitalize the senses. Environmental effects create a calming atmosphere, which can be enjoyed from the comfort of the room’s rocking chair or comfort cabin. Guests with energy to spare can interact with various devices intended to spark curiosity as well as joy.
The Wonders Multi-Sensory Room invites parents to observe their child’s session through a one-way observation window.
In 2014, SEASPAR built Wonders, the first Multi-Sensory Room within a municipal building in the country.
Wonders’ specially-designed equipment appeals to the auditory, tactile, olfactory, and visual senses:
- The GestureTek Cube creates an interactive projection on the floor with amazing special effects which are gesture-controlled.
- The Soundbeam 5 converts movements into sound and music. Individuals are enabled to express themselves through this contact-free musical instrument.
- Bubble tubes provide multi-sensory feedback and stimulate the visual system. Individuals can control color changes and color change speed with the push of a button.
- Sparkle and marble walls let individuals control colors and lights with the touch of their hands, and feel the calming coolness of glittering glass.
- Essential aromatherapy oils can be diffused into the room, dispersing a calming and pleasant scent.
Several items are also available for individuals to move around the room as they please. Examples include the Jumbo Love Bug, aromatic stuffed animals, weighted blankets, and more.
Watch this video for a quick peek into Wonders!
Browse photos of Wonders in the gallery below, or view the photos on Flickr!
Visiting Wonders Multi-Sensory Room
Visiting Wonders requires registration through SEASPAR. Weekly programs, special events, and adapted programs are offered at the site. View our current season’s program guide on the Program Schedules and Brochures page to learn about program offerings.
Programs offered at SEASPAR’s multi-sensory rooms include:
- Sensory Seekers at Ray’s Bay Multi-Sensory Room
- Sensory Explorers at Wonders Multi-Sensory Room
- Sensory Sunday at Wonders Multi-Sensory Room
Learn more about these offerings inside our current program guide. View our current season’s program guide on the Program Schedules and Brochures page.
For more information about the Wonders Multi-Sensory Room, please contact us online or call us at 630.960.7600.
If you would like to schedule a tour before registering for a program, please email email@example.com or call us at 630.960.7600.
The Wonders Multi-Sensory Room is an excellent field trip destination for groups, with additional activities available. If you would like to schedule a visit for a field trip, please complete the SOAR Program Request Form. For more information, please contact us online or call us at 630.960.7600.